Screen sharing lets you put live video of what you are doing on your computer screen onto one of the presentation boards. It’s a great tool for demonstrating software and other instructional work.
The second icon from the right is the screen sharing tool. Click on the icon.
Previous Approach: showmypc
Users may broadcast their computer screen by using the service showmypc coupled with one of the many presentation boards in Virbela.
1. Go to showmypc.com and download the software; leave the website open
2. Open the showmypc application that you previously downloaded
3. Generate a password and copy it to your clipboard (highlight the text and ctrl C on Windows, cmd C on Mac OSX)
4. On the showmypc website, enter the password into the "view PC" section;
You will be redirected to a new webpage that is broadcasting your screen!
5. Copy the URL of this webpage to your clipboard
6. Open the VirBELA application
7. Find the presentation board you wish to use in Virbela and click on it so that the URL bar appears on the bottom right corner of your screen
8. Paste the link of the broadcasting webpage into the URL bar (ctrl-V on Windows, cmd V on Mac OSX)
9. Done! Your screen is now being broadcasted on the presentation board! Minimize the VirBELA application to avoid duplicating what you see.